Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wait, I am perfect! Well, with a little help of course...


As much as we would like to believe we are perfect and that we can do anything, I was suddenly faced with a daunting task.  My sister was getting married in a week and I blatantly said, "I'll make your bouquet!"  Whoa, where did that come from?  It was the Wonderwoman in me.  I started to think of logistics: it will take me at least an hour, I need supplies, and I need fresh flowers!  I also wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing:  YOUTUBE!  After reviewing 3 different videos they all had the same message, rotate as you go and keep checking your work. So...with floral tape, $15 worth of dahlias from Trader Joe's, satin ribbon, pearlized pins and sheer determination:
Bridal Bouquet Total: $20
Learning a New Skill: Priceless
Ouch! Be sure to run your hand along the
stems after each pin is inserted to ensure
 the bride is crying for the right reason.
I even had enough for a boutonniere!


1 comment: